All students can apply for an Erasmus scholarship. It is a grant from the Flemish Community. The amount of the scholarship depends on 2 factors:
- the category you belong to
- the country of destination
In Flanders there are two different scholarship amounts, based on family income:
Category 1 : If you pay the reduced registration fees at the university, which is the case for:
- The ‘scholarship student’: a student who meets the financial criteria for obtaining a study grant from the Flemish Community.
- The ‘near-scholarship student’: has a reference income of a max. € 1,512 above the upper limit of the study grants.
Category 2 : All other students
The destination countries are divided into three groups:
|Group 1||Group 2||Group 3|
|Sweden||Spain||Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia|
The Erasmus scholarship amounts are as follows:
|Destinations||Category 1||Category 2|
|Group 1||€ 435 per month||€ 335 per month|
|Group 2||€ 385 per month||€ 285 per month|
|Group 3||€ 335 per month||€ 235 per month|
The Erasmus scholarship covers maximum 12 months.
You can’t apply for this grant for the period that you will stay in Antwerp. This means that during the 1st year you can apply for your mobility to:
- the UK (€ 435 per month or € 335 per month)
- France (€ 435 per month or € 335 per month)
- Spain (€ 385 per month or € 285 per month)
In the 2nd year the grant will depend on the place where you will do your internship and/or your master thesis.
Scholarships University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is providing reduction of enrollment fee for 4 students. Students who will obtain this financial support will have to pay 50% of the enrollment fee per year, i.e. 2250€ (instead of 4500€) for Program Countries and 4500€ (instead of 9000€) for Partner countries.
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master ‘s Degree (EMJDM) scholarships
The Consortium is applying for EMJMD scholarships. If the proposal is selected, the Consortium will distribute these scholarships among the selected and highest ranked students. The EMJMD scholarships will be announced in July 2017.