Application & admission students
Who can apply?
Holders of a relevant degree from an approved university or students in their last year of a Bachelor programme.
Relevant subjects include, but are not necessarily limited to, automotive engineering, mechanical engineering, electromechanical engineering, electronics/ICT with specialisation in automotive engineering, electronics and automation, industrial technology, industrial engineering, industrial electrical engineering.
English language proficiency
A good command of English, both spoken and written, is necessary.
All non-native speakers should have achieved the minimum score specified in one of the following language proficiency tests or similar:
- IELTS (academic version): 6.5 overall, with no sub-test less than 5.5.
- Internet-based TOEFL: 94 overall, with minimum scores of Listening 17, Reading 18, Speaking 20, Writing 17.
- PTE-A (Pearson Test of English-Academic): 60 overall, with no sub-test less than 51.
- UCLES First Certificate in English (FCE ),CEFR level B2.
Candidates who are not citizens of the European Union may be subject to further prerequisites regarding the issue of visas. These are subject to change and prospective students should contact the relevant authorities themselves to ensure they comply with the most up-to-date requirements.
Your application must be supported by appropriate documentary evidence of entry qualifications, including English language proficiency, academic transcripts and references.
A decision about your application cannot be made until your supporting documents have been received.
In addition to the completed online application form, hardcopies of the documents specified below should be sent before the deadline. Please note that any translations must have been made by an officially recognised translator and be signed and stamped clearly.
- Original degree certificate or legalised (*) photocopy of the certificate.
- Academic Transcript with detailed description of all courses attended and grades obtained (a legalised photocopy by the university Registrar is sufficient).
- Authorised photocopy of passport or Identity Card.
- Certificate of English proficiency.
- Detailed CV (Europass-format).
- Letter of motivation.
- Two letters of recommendation.
All documents or queries should be addressed to the Administrative Coordinator:
Ms Sofie Krol
University of Antwerp
Faculty of Applied Engineering
- Candidates must submit their completed online application forms by 31 December 2016 at the latest.
- Parallel with the electronic submission, all candidates should send in by regular mail the additional documents requested.
- The selection of students will be made by the Academic Board during January and February 2017.
- Candidates may be required to attend an interview (either face-to-face or via teleconferencing).
- Candidates will be notified of the result by the programme coordinator before 30 March 2017.
- Successful candidates will be informed about what further documents they may be required to submit.
- The final ranking of students (including the reserve list) will be made available on the course website once the selection process has been completed.
Further applications may be considered by the Academic Board up to 31 May 2017. Acceptance will be conditional on the availability of places.